Monday, August 24, 2015

Week 33

Another week in the beautiful Brno. Something super strange.. there was a protest here in Brno. we later found out it had more to do with the holiday, but sister d and i went to the city center to meet someone for a lesson, and policemen lined the streets with huge guns and dogs. There were helicoptors and people with signs yelling and running through the streets with signs. We were a little spooked, almost felt we were like in a different time, or stuck in a movie or something. We just called our mission president and took cover in a cafe for a few hours until it cooled down and the trams started working again. It was pretty fun! 
We saw the Rosenbergs this week! I heard HOLLY across the namesti and thought, hey who's holly? haha. We had a classic rosenberg lunch together and it was really a treat. 
We had a training this week and this time in Brno. My first time not going to Prague - I didn't even need to move! Slovakia comes to Brno training, so I saw all my slovak mtc friends. Also we are literally the only czech sisters at zone conference on this side of the country. Training was amazing as always, even in a different setting. 
I'm really loving my time here. This week was tough but that's what we signed up for right? At training we talked about prayer and Starsi Bednar's quote, "Prayer usually begins when you say Amen." Something I'm learning everyday is our part in prayer. It doesn't really mean anything until we get up and do something about it, and trust in God through the process. 

No comments:

Post a Comment