Monday, August 24, 2015

Week 41

He everyone!

I had a great week - a little weird but great! I learned a lot about faith along the way. It is interesting because at the end of last transfer an elder in my district and I were discussing how we have become to caught up with what to say in a contact, how to guide a conversation, what people need to think about to realize other things, and it has become really complicated! And so we made it a goal for this next transfer to have more faith, and rely more on the spirit. Then the mission altogether came out with a goal to have more faith, and it comes with a quote from elder holland:

"This is not convenient, easy work. We have got to take things to the edge. We have to move into the realm of the miraculous. We have to live in such a way that we cannot do it alone anymore - where we will resort to the Lord - where we will cry, 'Without Thy help, I will fall. Help me flu.' Go to the edge where miracles happen. Move into the realm of the miraculous. Welcome to the apostolic work." -Elder Jeffery R. Holland

So there I had a pretty solid transfer goal. Well then this week it started out pretty rough. Most of out investigators hit a road block, and a really amazing family we were teaching invited over priests to "discuss" with us, for lack of a better word, the gospel of Jesus Christ. They hounded us pretty hard, and in the end he blessed us in "angelic tongue", which is an experience I will never forget, and also hope never happens again. They gave back the Books of Mormon, and what even hurt more was the conversation we had with the mom the next day.  I had trouble contacting for a solid day after that, still did it, but was a little shaken up. And small things happened too.. I got off the tram and sister Shaerrer didn't quite make it so I ran after the tram, praying for some help along the way. Then on Satuday and Sunday it was just miracle after miracle and I realized that in a time when I thought my faith was at its lowest, it was really at its strongest. I was calling down for help, telling the lord I can't do it alone anymore. And it became pretty clear to me that even though faith is a principle power, its not directly associated with my weaknesses. I learned that I can still have perfect faith, even when I'm not perfect, and what I'm doing maybe isn't perfect either. It was a great week.

A lot of missionaries are going home, including the Archiblads.. That day is going to break my heart. It's this week in fact and I haven't quite admitted it to myself. The law of compensation is real and we are seeing lots of miracles - it is a great time to be in the Czech Republic! 

S laskou,
Sestra Holland

No comments:

Post a Comment