Monday, August 24, 2015

Week 43

Ahoj všichni!

This week was a good one - I met an awesome guy from some place near Nigeria this week, and he is supposed to be king, but he ran away because he says "Jesus is my king!" .. i didn't believe him at first until he started showing me pictures of his dad with African royalty wear and him too. So that was pretty cool. We met a girl from Spain who reminded me of Ana Santos :) and Rachie of course. Also we started teaching some guy from Russia who was super cool but he dropped off of the face of the earth. A few from slovakia and one from belarus (i only know how to spell that in czech) I guess in the summer people just stop being czech!  

I haven't shared something funny in a while, so heres this weeks. My first friend I made in Brno (apart from my lovely terezka who i knew in ceske budejovice) is a recent convert to the church. Last transfer we asked him to teach with us and the guy turns out to be pretty granola.. just really crunchy and hard to talk to. Im not judging but it was hard on our little vojtech. So we were trying to make up for it this week and got a really good one for him to teach with us. He ends up being sick, so we go to do a singing display and he walks with us-- we run into a guy we talked to the day before and had a lesson set up with him that night. So we just say hey, your here, we're here.. lets have a lesson now. So I turn to vojtech after saying a few things and ask him to share his experience with baptism. Vojtech just starts pouring out his soul and this guy yells sorry! and literally RUNS away. Vojtech just through his hands in the air and said whatever and went to go see the arnold swartz movie to feel better. Poor guy can't catch a break. I was laughing so hard i was in tears though. 

And the singing display afterwards I had one of those "is this real life?" moments when I ended up singing solos on the square. Not something you'd normally find me doing, ze jo? Anyways life is good. I'm tired but trucking along. Missing the archibalds! 

Have a good week! Mám vás ráda,

Sestra Holland


No comments:

Post a Comment