Monday, August 24, 2015

Week 42

Hey Everyone! 

Sorry if last weeks email was sort of depressing. Sometimes I feel like I'm just sending everything that has acclimated in a weeks time into a void and Im not sure who is reading it or if anyone is! We are truckin along- its about 100 degrees here. Don't worry mom, I am drinking lots of water and trying not to pass out. 

It was our first week without the Archibalds, and we were so bumbed we went into their empty appartment and weekly planned on their floor.

We played squash again with our friend Alan this morning - He also made my last companion and I drawings of birds (mine was an eagle, sister daugirda got an owl) as well as homeade tshirts with his bird drawings, which are his specialty. So I have sported my bird shirt a few times. 

This morning my companion welted me in the back of the leg with one of those squash balls - she may not be very good but she can really put some pepper on it. 

Coolest thing that happened this week, on sunday, I was setting up the translating stuff in the back and I went out for  a minute to help one of the members and I girl walks in. I had never seen her before and I went up and shook her hand - she was shaking and really nervous. When I grabbed her hand she wouldn't let go! And when I looked at her i just saw panic in her eyes. I bagged the translating stuff (my poor companion had never done it before and had to figure it out) and sat down with her during church. I explained what was going to happen and told her to relax and just watch. Then afterwards I took her outside and asked her what was wrong- someone really close to her had passed away - she has been passing our building for years now and always felt like she should come inside, just never had the guts to do it. And she did it! She was so brave! We met with her again and she is so kind, and needs the gospel so much! What a miracle!

I love you all! Happy 4th - God Bless America!

S laskou,
Sestra Holland

No comments:

Post a Comment