Monday, April 20, 2015

Week 31



Hello erybody! 

First week in Brno was awesome. I am tired but so good. This city is supersized and I feel so small. Trams take us everywhere so I'm working on my tram contacting. My companion is so darling. She is from Salt Lake and studied at Utah State. Cuter than a button that one is. This week we had some good czech experiences. First of all, a homeless lady keeps coming into the church building and so sister daugirda and I walked her out and explained that she needs to respect our worship service, and then she gave me a big smile with no teeth, pointed at my cookie and said, if you want to give me your cookie i would be happy. I gave her my cookie, but said she really can't come back. Then she said ok, that the cookie was too sweet, and then spit it in my face and walked away. then when we were walking away sister D saw her turn around and start walking back into the building again, and i ran to go stop her. I scared the pee out of that lady! Just ran up to her and said excuse me, but she jumped and yelled and did her cross on her chest. We almost peed ourselves too from laughing so hard, sister d and I. We had a really cool lesson this week with a mom and her daughter.  The mom is still not sure about everything, but the daughter said the closing prayer, and then she looked at us and smiled. we asked her how she felt and she said, i cant explain it, i feel special. It was so precious. This branch here has new beginnings and wonderful young womens group, everything really is just very functional. I am not going to lie I got a little homesick on sunday. It's the closest thing I've seen to America since I've been here. And really all of Brno sort of feels like California. It's strange. But so far I am really loving it. The people are fantastic. So kind, and loving. People say Moravian's are happier. I don't know, I sure miss my little c bud friends. we were quite the group! All is well, getting ready for a happy transfer! Sister D and I made our transfer goals.. SHARK! SHRCC actually.. Spiritual people, Happy people, Refferrals, Covenants (focus on covenants in lessons), and Christ, always turning our message back to Christ. Whether it be talking to someone on the street, a lesson, anything. It's going to be a good transfer. We have already seen so many miracles. 

Mam vas rada!
sestra holland

No comments:

Post a Comment