Monday, August 24, 2015

Week 48

Happy tuesday everyone! Sorry I didn't get on yesterday - my companion had to do some visa work in prague. THIS WEEK: Miroslav is getting baptized!! He is way excited and so are we. Its been a crazy journey with Miroslav. He asked probably one of my favorite people to baptize him - Brother Holy. The Holyovi are such a solid family. So this week is looking kind of crazy - crazy and awesome. We've got a surprise zone conference on Thursday, Miroslavs baptism on Friday, then saying goodbye to our friend Bara after that, Saturday there will be a wedding and we will be recieving transfer calls, and then Sunday Miroslav will be confirmed and whoever is leaving will pack like crazy at night and head out on monday. Its going to be awesome! So thats where we are. And we got it worked out so sister D can come in for the baptism. Im also super interested in history of the czech republic and the history of the church here during communism, and one of the first members of the church lives here in Brno. So we scheduled to meet with him this week and he's going to tell us his story. I heard he's a talker - im so pumped. Today we did service at the cutest little old folks home - we go there every week - but since it may be my last time I was walking back and just going " i love that building, i love that bridge, i love that random stranger becuase she's a brnačka" my district was making fun of me for moping but if this is my last email from brno, just know that I am in love with this city and the people. There is so much history here and incredible people. Love you all, have a good week! 

S láskou,
Sestra Holland

No comments:

Post a Comment