Thursday, March 3, 2016

Week 72

Ahojte!

I don't know where to start this week - Things are starting to get strange. The weeks fly by and then I have these moments when everythings stops and I just take it all in. The czechs, the knedliky, cobblestones. Morning workouts I lay on the field at the end and look up at the stars .. and may shed a tear or two... One funny story this week - I talked to this asian girl on the bus a couple weeks ago and she was SO COOL. She hardly speaks czech but is a student so she's learning it. She told me she works at the nail salon in the shopping center - so this week we went to the nail salon and we asked her to meet. We started talking to her and then all of the other nail ladys started coming and talking to us and the people getting their nails done too. The women getting their nails done were like - umm girl they cant understand you. I kind of felt for these asians trying to learn czech so i said " they are learning ok ladies". It was like something from a soap opera. Nail time with sestrou Holland. We met a czech soldier this week whos meeting with us after email.. and we've got the film festival on Saturday! We are working on it with Sestra Daskova. This morning we were at her house for a while making the little paperletts they tear to judge which film they liked the most. She is so fun. Last church we spent the last 20 minutes in heated conversation talking about an oven. haha. This church sunday we were in trebic. We visited some of the members and had some really spiritual lessons. One of the members has her dead pets stuffed around her appartment.  At the end we were at the Pohorilicky family. They have officially nicknamed me "Stará Drzá Kocka" which means old sassy cat. We had a lesson with one of their recent converts there and then we shared a thought with the family before our train left. It was really a good day. My last visit to Trebic. After relief society all the women were asking me to stay in cz and marry their sons. I was like heck no, im a nun. Ive been visiting trebic for 7 months now so the members and branch have a special place with me. Life is good - We are so blessed! Everyone have a good time in Arizona/ Mexico and I will talk to you next week! 

Láskou vždy,
Sestra Holland


No comments:

Post a Comment