Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Week 14

Hope Thanksgiving was awesome. I'm sure thankful for all of you! Missed you all. Thanksgiving was surprisingly American here in Czech Republic. First we did service and built some furniture for a childrens shelter kind of thing. We had 2 thanksgiving meals. First with our district at the senior couples house, and then at a less active members house from kentucky. His wife is czech so they have lived here for like 5 years. I think he was just happy to speak to someone English.I don't know how he stays sane. It was fun. We played the "Because of Him" video, but in czech it's diki němu so more like "thanks to him" so it was perfect for thanksgiving. We are teaching Ceneks friend Teresa. She is so cute and SO SMART. She is way insightful and just sort of gets it already. We are getting excited for her. We went to prague twice this week, once for training and once to listen to an area 70 speak to us. He's from Germany and he gave a bomb talk. After zone conference I got a flu shot at the canadian medical center so dont worry.. im not getting sick again! I don't know if I told you yet but ive been sick like 3 times since entering this darn country. its just too stinking cold. After training we went on splits with Sister Shun and Sister Birkeland. Sister Birkeland was from my mtc group and Sister Shun is in her last transfer. I got to go contacting with her and she taught me a lot. It was good. At lunch that day one of the elders dared me to tell the waitor i was visiting from america and to ask if i could take the cup home with me as a souvenir.. I got it! boom. We are teaching a french dude who is SO FRENCH. He sort of looks Roger and speaks with a heavy french accent. When he reads out of the livre de mormon or however you say it he sort of yells really loud and we just love him. I just also have to try really hard not to laugh when we teach him. Lukaš is still awesome. Ah man i just love these people. Theyre all crazy. 

Love you all. Missed you this week. 
Love Sestra Holland




xmas tree is going up in our naměstí!

christmas tree: vanocní stromeček


No comments:

Post a Comment