Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Week 55

Hey Everybody! Hasn't been that long since I talked to you since I emailed on Wednesday last week. We were in Bratislava and then Brno.. and I think a combination of everything did me over.. I got pretty sick. Although, considering that I was bed stricken we had a good week. We kind of did half days, and when we were out we saw tons of miracles. One day that I crawled out of the house... we were on a bus to Sister Marie's. She has been feeling evil spirits in her house so someone in our branch offered to give her home a blessing - so we went over there - it was the first time we saw her house. We have been teaching her for a couple months now. She is one of those people who has probably seen a lot of stuff in her life, and so to cope with it she's lossed a few of her marbles. It was good - I think it helped her feel safer. So that was on friday maybe? And we had a lesson with another sister - sister white and I found her our first week in jihlava together street contacting. We've been teaching her in her home with her son and daughter. Her daughter just turned 9 and loves everything we teach. We gave her her own Book of Mormon and she was turning the pages like it was gold or something - she still cant read but wanted to so bad! And then on Sunday they all came to church and the mom, Sister Gabcova, bore her testimony! We were sitting and listening and she grabbed my arm and whispered -- i feel like i should go up there.. will you go with me? I said sure I'll go with you - she gave the most amazing testimony! She testified of prayer and shared a personal experience. And then I got up after her and I still had no voice so i just croaked out what I could and sat back down. She stayed all three hours and just belongs there. So it was an amazing Sunday - And Marie came too. She apparently went up to a member when we werent watching her and just looked at him like she couldnt speak - and this member grabbed the elders and they gave her a blessing and she convulsed and felt the demon come out of her so that was pretty cool too.. not koscher AT ALL and we were not super happy about it but its all good. Just trying to keep the normal sometimes but sometimes you gotta embrace the weird too. As for the time we spent indoors, I slept or we watched Bible videos. We got through the whole Old and New testaments. And im really glad i got sister white because anyone else i'd probably be real sick of by now. She is a good one. She also makes me soup and tea.. Which by the way is how czech people deal with EVERYTHING. Herbal tea. I've got lots of herbal tricks if anyones got a problém. Just let me know! Love yalls! Have a good week! (Still haven't watched konference so I will be able to share the konference love next week) 

S láskou,
Sestra Holland

No comments:

Post a Comment