Monday, February 9, 2015

Week 22

Hello again!

This week was great. We started it off going to český krůmlov last pday. about a 20 minute bus ride. It's gorgeous there. Its blocked in by a river so everything is old, they haven't built new stuff around it. On the way there it was sunny I said to sister scerra, i hope the weather stays nice. We got there and it was a flat out blizzard but then cleared up and it was pretty with the snow. This week we went to Plzen and Prague. On the way back from Prague on the train we sat with a mom and her two kids and for some reason these two girls were in love with me. so they came and sat next to me and had me read a childrens book to them 10 times. Czech kids are the cutest. On sunday we sang with this old lady in sacrament meeting. she smokes like a pack a day so it was really quite the musical number. I love her. And IN ENGLISH THIS WEEK my favorite old man who gives us apples every week just started reciting the raven by edgar allen poe to me. It was incredible! Sister Scerra makes fun of me because I always love talking to old men. I had a cool experience this week. The kind where you feel like you were supposed to be there and meet that person. Old man with a cane, i contacted him on english and then while contacting someone else he came and waited next to me until i was done talking. he told me he was sorry he remembered he has meetings during our weekly english class. We started chatting again and at some point he tells me his wife had passed away the previous week and that she was very sick. We talked about what happens after we die and just had a good cry together. He was really a sweet old man. Our friend terezie is getting baptized this week. she is studying in brno but lives in cbud so we've been spending a lot of time with her this transfer. Se we are off to brno on friday. Also I got news that another tereza sister frampton and I taught in pardubice is getting baptized the next day, so I won't make it. Really bumbed but super happy for her. Her and I are buds. Thats about all this week. Last week before I kill my companion (mission lingo for "she is going home"). Love you all. Have an awesome week!

S laskou,
Sestra Holland



1 comment: