Sunday, October 12, 2014

MTC Week 8

We are breaking out of this place! Monday is the day. We got our flight plans on Saturday and boy was that a good day. We fly to Fort worth Texas, then London Heathrow then Prague. We got a letter from our mission telling us what will happen when we get there. When we land we go on our "Prague Walk" and the mission president talks about some important church history in the Czech Republic. Then we go eat some dinner and stay the night there. The next day we go do a few things for our visas, meet our companions and we are off. Pretty great. 

This week we had General Conference. That was the stuff. Most relaxing weekend i've had in a while too. we just got to watch awesome talks all day. If any of you went to/saw the Priesthood session my starší made the big screen like 5 times! basically all the faces you saw were my zone. All the sisters went to watch it in our room and we were all getting excited when we say the elders in our zone get camera time. 

Hope your General Conference trip went well mom and dad. That's gotta be a lot of work luggin all those kids around Utah. I remember when I did that though and won't forget it. It's a good experience. I heard conbon was waiting for me at the gate. So close yet so far.. I had my eye out for all of you. I was running around the field Friday evening for gym time looking in all the cars that passed by. I'll be calling though this Monday morning from the airport! can't wait to talk to all of you.

Sunday night after devotional Vai Sikahema from the Greenbay Packers came and spoke to us at a devotional. Now he's an anchorman on some sports news channel. He is hilarious and gave us some good advice. We also got to host yesterday .. finally! its when you pick up the new missionaries at the curb and take them to their residence and classroom. our whole zone did it except for us like the 2nd week here and we recently found out we were supposed to too but they forgot to put the notice in our mailbox. so we marched in there and told them "we are hosting!" took a few times doing that before they let us and it wasn't that great anyways. I didn't get to pick up from the curb because i was selected to direct a foreign missionary who doesn't speak our language. the honor. It was hilarious. She was from Africa and super spunky. When we walked all around campus getting her books and getting her set up she kept walking into me. Literally leaning on me. So i would give myself some space and then she would walk right next to me again and the process continued. vtip. when i left her (after not even an hour) i swear she was about to cry. Sweetest girl. she told me about Mozambic (..sp?) with the english she had. She was like deer in the headlights poor girl. I thought my life changed when I came to the MTC but serious props to sestra johanna. she might be my new favorite person. 

Then last night they sent a letter to Sister Fredrickson and I asking us to begin teaching an investigator for the new missionaries. Remember my first email when I told you about Junichi and how a hundred or so of us missionaries had a lesson in the auditorium. Well they have two missionaries come get to know them first and then they turn it over to the auditorium and sister fred and i got to do it! They got us all mic'd up and it was pretty fun. Going to miss sestra Fred. Some good times we've had. 

Well things are wrapping up here and it's going to be a little adventure coming soon. Not sure if my czech is quite worthy but ready or not here I come. 

Love,
Sestra Holland

No comments:

Post a Comment