Thursday, September 11, 2014

Week 2

Drahy Rodina,

I don't even know what to talk about this week but I'll start by telling you that the MTC is pretty cool. This week was a blur of learning and laughing. I don't think I've laughed this hard. Im losing my marbles. One funny thing that happened is my district made a goal to learn how to pray in czech by Thursday and every night we say a prayer together. Elder Needham who is hilarious (like an 80 year old man trapped inside a skinny little teenage boy named sylvan eugine) started to pray in czech and after he says nas drahy nebesky otce,which means dear heavenly father,my lovely companion yells ITS THURSDAY. bratr thompson just looked at her with the why would you say that look and we struggled finishing the prayer that evening. I know all my stories sound really dumb and not funny at all but to us they are priceless. This week we got a new fake investigator who is just bratr thomspon pretending to be"Honza" so its not as fun but it is fine.

On Sunday we had a meeting with the McConkies who were the Mission Presidents in the San Jose, California Mission.. HOME! They talked about this really cool missionary who went and found his uncle in aptos and helped him turn his life around it was pretty cool. It was fun hearing about California I miss it already. Also the mission president in Prague is named McConkie so thats kind of fun. 

Today I was missing Connor so I wore my tie die santa cruz shirt and pineapple grandma shorts he gave me .. been gettin some weird looks but i don't care. Alex has been in a russian hospital for quite awhile so cross your fingers he gets out of that one soon. Sorry bratr. Rachaels married i keep forgetting. Mom and dad seem to be doing well.. jujubatis is training for a half marathon you go girl. And Paj is doing what Paj does. 

Enjoying my time hear but sometimes I miss you all so much I just want to cry. Thanks family for being so awesome. I got pretty lucky. 

OH and the teacher I met in our ward earlier came this week! That guy knows how to teach. He's not as fun as bratr thompson and bratr knap but he is solid in his czech and knows his stuff. he's married and back so now he can help us learn this darn language.

Love you all, 
Thanks for reading this disorganized madness

Sestra holland

No comments:

Post a Comment