Sunday, September 28, 2014

MTC Week 6

Dobrý tiden. I am officially sick free. ALE ja byla nemoc. I was smrt in bed for a good 2 days and now im back on my feet and so thankful for class time. In a way it was a blessing. pretty sure i overdosed on nyquil one night and my body just went numb and I thought if I don't wake up in the morning.. Goodbye world. This week můj společnici and I focused on grammar and it's actually pretty fun. It's like a big puzzle. 

Last sunday we got to go to a broadcast of the Ogden Utah temple rededication. David A. Bednar and the President spoke there. And then on Tuesday ANOTHER apostle came to speak. That never happens. We are convinced we are in the MTC at the best time frame anyone has ever been here. Only sad thing is our choir DID get picked for general conference in two weeks, but only the elders. Sorry pops. I was praying for a miracle. They always do that because the sisters don't sound very good. Our voices haven't dropped yet. The choir director keeps telling us we sound like 13 year old girls. M Russel Ballard was who came on Tuesday and he gave a great talk. As starsi needham says, so many golden nuggets! (yes alex.. svetr vest elder) Our district is getting pretty close. It's going to be hard going our separate ways. This morning we woke up at 5:30 just to play basketball together. Anyone who knows me knows that is not easy! Every minute of sleep is precious. 

Shout out to my dog Molly, this week I found her hair on one of my shirts I forgot I had in my suitcase and got really excited. I taped it it my journal heh. Miss that animal.

My favorite teacher Bratr Thompson is leaving TONIGHT. We bought him a bunch of non caffeineted mountain dew because thats all they have here and he likes mountain dew. Man brother thompson.. he has taught me so much. A lot of the MTC is just one big sugar coated idea of what missionary work is like and I hate that. Bratr Thompson seriously just says it like it is. He caught our plague and that was the last straw for His wife I guess. heh.  He works himself to the ground. so hes leaving us. Our "investigator" Honza is actually Bratr Thompson and last night was his very last lesson as an "investigator" in the MTC. He's been working here for a few years now. Sister Fredrickson and I got to give the last lesson and at the end we bore our testimonies. Bratr thompson said já jsem smutný. we said proč? and he said this is my last lesson. 2nd tear in the mtc goes to bratr thomspon. We are going to miss that man. 

I've said this before and I'll say it again, the MTC rocks. I've never learned so much in my life. I'll admit though, I'm about ready to get out of here. I found this one little picture in our room that I keep with me, taken in czech republic. There is the beautiful city in the background, the Charles bridge, and on the river there is a little old man on a boat. I keep telling my district I just want to be on the boat with that little old man tellin him about jesus. I can't tell you how ŠT'ASTNÝ i am to be going to the czech republic and sharing the good news. From what I've heard about the people they are inspirational. I am the luckiest missionary there ever was. 

Love you family. You are awesome.

Sestra Holland

If you haven't seen this watch it! 
http://www.mormonchannel.org/video/mormon-messages?v=1839005837001

Holly's Zone

Holly's favorite Elders~The Croatians

No comments:

Post a Comment